Monday, November 28, 2005

Learning Spaces With Technology

In some regard, the title of this blog, "Learning Space" has a variety of meanings. This site is meant to provide you with many items to learn and experience. One area I have a specific interest is the design of actual learning environments or, in this case "learning spaces." At the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, I have had the opportunity to conceive and build a variety of spaces for various teaching and learning activities. If I had a trademark design, it would be my U-shaped interactive space. In this design, the U-shaped table promotes interaction between the participants, and allows for good site lines to a presenter in front of the room. With the appropriate technology and control, ergonomic seating, and room lighting, this can be a very effective teaching and learning area. If you would like to preview some of the many technology classrooms we have on our campus, please feel free to visit:

http://www.uwlax.edu/edtech/de/Classroom_Guide/index.html


Looking particularly at Wing Rooms 104, 126, and 31. In the Health Science Building, look at rooms, 2002 and 2006.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chandra,

Yes you are right, "learning space" was exactly what I was thinking in naming this Blog. Through a variety of media assets, I hope to offer colleagues a glimpse of my experiences, as well as others that I have uncovered. One type of space I hope to illustrate are collaborative learning spaces. We just "collaborated" on one in our library, and also had the opportunity to visit at teh Metropolitan University in London. If you come up with some examples, please share them as well. Keep the collaboration going. Thanks!